Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Green Smoothie Bliss


There are so many fantastic variations and additions that can be whizzed up in a green smoothie. I almost don't know where to start but the following is my current go to recipe. It's a wonderful cleansing breakfast after a big dinner the night before. If I'm off to a flying start with the day and forget to have breakfast then this is a perfect and much needed mid morning boost but most of all I love it as a little bit of green bliss after a yoga workout. Smoothies are rather like cold soups in a way, there's lots of wiggle room to add your favorite flavors and leave out those you're not so keen on. Just experiment and find your favorite.


My daughters love this drink, they didn't expect too but they did. How wonderful that everyone is getting plenty of greens, protein and omega fatty acids in one drink. Heaven. Try it and see what you think.

Green Smoothie Bliss.

2 Servings.
1 avocado
1 banana (frozen is great)
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon your favorite greens protein powder
1 very large fist full of kale (middle stems taken out) or spinach leaves
1/2 apple, skin on (only if you have a very aggressive blender otherwise leave out)
6-8 oz almond milk
4 ice cubes
A drizzle of maple syrup (optional)

Optional additions:

2 teaspoons spirulina
A drizzle of flax seed oil
2 teaspoons psyllium husk

Method:

Not difficult! Place everything in a blender:

And blitz: then enjoy the green goodness.




4 comments:

  1. This is my kind of smoothie! Tasteful and packed with nutrients!
    Kisses from Greece,dear Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green smoothies- my fave is avocado, spinach and mint (see blog). this one look s delectable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this seems very tasty Green drink. I would love to make this at my home. Actually I am very health conscious and I try various recipes of health drinks. But I haven’t tried this one before. Thanks for this great share!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a lovely health promoting smoothie, though I still can't manage to swallow kale in any form, so I substitute with baby spinach leaves or another dark green leafy vegetable or salad.
    My son gave me a Nutribullet for Christmas and I've been using it ever since! I'll be trying this lovely recipe out!

    ReplyDelete

Join the fun - I'd love to hear from you :)