Thursday, March 19, 2015

Chocolate Superfood Smoothie to Take Care of Your Body.


So naturally you'll want to eat well to nourish yourself. Instead of diving for a highly refined, highly sugared chocolate bar why not give this delicious smoothie a try? It's super chocolatey from the raw  cocao powder which will satisfy and energize. What more could you ask?

Chocolate Superfood Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 frozen banana
8 oz almond milk (or any dairy or non dairy milk of your choice)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 teaspoons hemp seeds
1 tablespoon raw cocao powder
2 teaspoons maple syrup

Method:

1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and savor!



7 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, Mary! So simple too with all the ingredients on hand. I love the pansy decoration! I have similar ones on my balcony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhis is gorgeous and sounds wonderful! I bet it keeps you satisfied all morning. I have the same glasses, they make such a pretty presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that smoothies are gradually replacing souups in our daily fare now that spring is finally here :) yours looks a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google "raw cocoa powder". It's something I haven't come across, but I will definitely look for it! Love the pansy decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is just too lovely with the little viola flowers with their sweet purple, orange, and white faces. I want them in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks delicious. A real treat..lovely to stop by here!

    ReplyDelete

Join the fun - I'd love to hear from you :)