Friday, May 29, 2015

Yoga.


Throughout the last year and a half the beauty of yoga has slowly become apparent in my life. I suspect the more I learn and practice the more beautiful it will become. To begin with it was just the physical aspect that attracted me but the more classes I took the more my attitude changed in other areas of my life. I became calmer, happier, less rushed. Slowly I started learning how to “breathe” and therefore how to “accept”. 

Life can be hard and I’m human so sometimes I turn my back in anger and ignore the beauty, but when I stop for a minute, breathe and close my eyes the beauty comes back. It’s part of me now and I don’t want to live without it. That is why I’m on this path, to live it, breathe it and sleep it. I'm training to become a yoga teacher, to pass this beauty on to others, to encourage them as I have been encouraged, not to be consumed with the worries of the world but instead to spread the beauty. 

Namaste

3 comments:

  1. I now can't imagine life without yoga. I am absolutely an beginner and still not perfect in doing crane and wheel...but I keep going.
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoga too and find a lot of value in doing the exercise and stretches but, I also find the things you're talking about true about my relationship with Jesus Christ. He brings joy, purpose and beauty to life. I can't imagine life without Him. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently started taking yoga and loved it but have been so busy that I haven't made time to continue. My goal for the remainder of the summer is to find a class I like and stick with it. It's so calming and puts everything into perspective. How exciting that you're going to become an instructor. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Join the fun - I'd love to hear from you :)